The very first public preview of oncoming iPad Self publishing is available now. As many of you may know, we were initially planning to release an interim version and a few months later – fully completed one, but while working on it we realized that this renovation should not be “half-baked”. We went on to develop the better version which should be available in the next 10-12 days.
iPad Self Publishing is the latest major update based on the current iPhone automated app building engine. But iPad solution has been re-worked to an extent that they are almost absolutely different. We had to freeze development of all iBuildApp projects for a few weeks (including Android development, App Gallery update and Crowdsourcing Community) just to focus on iPad Solution. It is still far from being completed, but at least we feel comfortable to show a few screens how it is going to look like.
iPad Self Publishing Solution will put us on a different stage. We expect quite a few updates to this solution with the first one coming in the end of April.
iPad Solution is being designed to WOW your newspaper, eBook, magazine readers and subscribers, monetize your content and get your business into the world of self publishing.
iPad Solution allows individuals, publishers and corporations to quickly create customize and update their own iPad newspaper, magazine or blog via online application creation engine.
The idea is to offer an easy way for traditional media publishers to port their content to Apple’s devices via web based interface. Our customers can create their own Catalogs, books, Brochures, blogs, etc and deliver it via our SaaS solution.
Take a look at…
… new design and layout. It is now unified across all pages and cleaned thoroughly almost everywhere (yet the work is still in progress).
The publishers will access their accounts via web-based interface whereby they setup and update the content of their iPad apps (the solution will be integrated into the iBuildApp platform as a separate Publishing solution).
• No coding necessary – make dynamic changes.
• Updating the iPad application without submission to the appstore.
• Customize the application’s colors, images, fonts, etc
• Display text, photos, embedded video
• Embed video, interactive images, slideshows, and more (to be released in April)
• Monetize the App through sponsorships, ads, and/or download fees. (to be released in April)
• Toolbar options (Toolbar to appear at the side )
• Create and manipulate hot spot area with interactive elements such as links, videos
• Allow users to update/refresh content on demand.
Once application is created and content is added, it is uploaded to the app store for approval.
Upon approval in the app store, the personalized application will be available to iPad users via iTunes app store.
The following to be released in the next two weeks:
• Caching: the app content (texts, images, websites with no videos) will be cached locally and won’t need to be downloaded again next time
• Basic navigation (To change the story, browse within a story, browsing by story, Links to web pages and stories)
• Landscape and portrait layout: al pages can be viewed in landscape and portrait format
• Embedded video: auto-play and play-on-zoom (video can be viewed in full-screen mode)
• App settings: the user should be able to adjust the app reloading time ()
• Search within the publication: stories should be searchable by keyword giving readers rapid access to the content they’re looking for
iPad App owner will update content using our web based Content Management System.
Please review some of the screenshots of the iPad solution by clicking on them.
and the last screen
Please click on any images below from the gallery in order to see bigger screens