Common App FAQ
- What is iBuildApp?
- Who can use iBuildApp?
- How much does it cost to create an app?
- Are there any other fees?
- Can I make money using my iPhone app?
- Why do I need a mobile application? What is the benefit to use iBuildApp service?
- Do I need programming skills to build my own application with iBuildApp?
- Do I need to download and install any software?
- Does iBuildApp support other mobile platforms?
- How long does it take to set up and launch?
FAQ Building with iBuildApp
- How can I customize my app look and feel?
- How can I update my content and design?
- What’s the app main menu?
- How to add a feature to my application?
- How to remove a feature from my app?
- How can I change a feature?
- Can I use different screens in my iPhone application built by iBuildApp?
- What’s the application statuses?
- I finished designing my application. What’s my next step?
- How can I test the application on my device?
FAQ Managing your apps
Q: What is iBuildApp?
iBuildApp is an app maker that provides simple and fast way to create, publish on app store and manage iPhone and Android apps for business and organizations.
Create a corporate or business app for your company, department, school in a few minutes!
We built iBuildApp so you could benefit from using easy-to-use and free set of tools when building or managing your Android or iPhone apps.
Creating your own app with iBuildApp takes only a few minutes and absolutely FREE. Your followers will see your name and icon in the App Store, they can upload your app on their mobile device, while backstage you have a powerful content management system to update the app “on the fly”, any time, as often as you would like.
Q: Who can use iBuildApp?
Anyone. Our customers are musicians, writers, bloggers, business owners, website owners, politicians…
Q: How much does it cost to create an app?
You can create as many iBuildApp apps as you want absolutely FREE.
Q: Are there any other fees?
Not now. We are planning to add more templates and features in the future. Some of them will be payable.
Q: Can I make money using my iPhone application?
There are quite a few ways you can make money by creating applications for iPhone using iBuildApp: charging your clients/users for view, downloading music/video, connecting to your e-Commerce store or Event/Training class.
Q: Why do I need a mobile application? What is the benefit to use iBuildApp service?
Here are some reasons why….
- Free. Mobile application development is expensive – very expensive. iBuildApp service is free.
- Real-Time Update. You can easily make changes and improvements to your iBuildApp application in real-time. This is not the case with most apps in the App Store.
- Marketing. Promote your event, videos, tweets, news, photos, music, your company services.
- Fun. Building your own iPhone application is fun.
Q: Do I need programming skills to build my own application with iBuildApp?
The best iBuildApp app’s are created by folks that have a basic understanding of technology and the internet. But, no special knowledge is required and you don’t have to be a programmer to build an app using our web-based system. To use iBuildApp, you do not need to be a developer. You can visually design the way the app looks and use blocks to specify the application content and behavior.
Q: Do I need to download and install any software?
No, you don’t. The only things you need are your browser and imagination..
Q: Does iBuildApp support other mobile platforms?
iBuildApp currently supports only iPhone OS. That means that applications built on iBuildApp work on iPhones, iPod Touch devices and iPads. We plan to expand the platform to Android and Blackberry in the nearest future. If you are interested in developing an application for your company with a set of features that we currently don’t have, please let us know.
Q: How long does it take to set up and launch?
You can set your app up in under an hour. Then, once you’re satisfied with your app you can submit it to Android Google Play or iTunes App store for approval. Apple App store approval process can take about 1 week (unfortunately it’s up to Apple…). Once Apple approves your app, we’ll let you know and you can release your app whenever you want.
Q: How can I customize my app look and feel?
Style your background: click on the “Change Background” link on the bottom of the iPhone screen, and select a color or background image.
Background image must be 320 (width) x 460 (height) pixels in PNG format. Button images must be up to 100 (width) x 100 (height) pixels in PNG format, otherwise they will be scaled to the icon size.
Each button has a default name and image. Once you add a button on your application, you can change the name and upload custom image by clicking the pencil icon next to the button.
Q: How can I update my content and design?
Log in to your application management pane, change background and button images, edit content and then press the “Update App” button – your updates go live immediately. To edit a widget, click the button from the iPhone screen to open the Edit section.
Q: What’s the app main menu?
The Main Menu Screen contains menu icons. The menu is derived from individual features/pages you add (or remove) from the application. You can make changes to the app’s features at anytime – live. You can also update the app’s background image at anytime. You determine the order that the features show in the main screen by rearranging them.
Q: How to add a feature to my application?
To add a feature: Log into your application management panel then drag-and-drop that feature’s button to the iPhone screen. Next, click on the button to configure that screen.
You can change the button image and title by clicking on the “edit” icon on the right.
Q: How to remove a feature from my app?
Features are removed by clicking the “delete” icon next to the appropriate button on the iPhone screen.
Q: How can I change a feature?
To change a feature: Log into your application management panel, click the button of the feature you want to modify on the iPhone screen, then follow the on-screen instructions. You can preview all your changes in the app simulator.
Q: Can I use different screens in my iPhone application built by iBuildApp?
An online control panel allows adding and removing screens once an application is created. As of now you can create 8 different screens. There are lots of pre-built screens to choose from such as Email Us, Contact US, Home, Twitter, Facebook and more.
Q: What’s the application statuses?
- In-Design – the application is in the design phase, you can continue building it via your Application Management Panel.
- Submitted – the application has been submitted, that means that we’ve received your request for publishing it on the AppStore.
- In-Review – the application is under review: our team reviews the app in terms of any inappropriate content, blank pages, etc.
- In-AppStore – the application has been successfully submitted on the Appstore Missing Content – some corrections to your application are required: we found some issues with the content. Details will be sent to you via email.
- Ready for Sale – tour application is ready to go live on the Apple Store.
- Rejected – the submitted app was not approved by Apple.
Q: I finished designing my application. What’s my next step?
Once you’ve complete with content and interface for your application, you have to make sure that your application is ready for release. Go to Application Info page, fill in required information and click Submit to AppStore. When you click on the submit button, you’ll be redirected to Publishing page with publishing options and instructions. Once your app is submitted, we will test it and make sure it works properly. If there are any broken links, buttons that don’t work or content that doesn’t comply with Apple requirements we will reject it. Check your app status on website to see when your application gets approved/rejected.
Q: How can I test the application on my device?
If you have an Apple developer account and want to use it to submit your application, you need to create a Distribution Certificate and Provision file for the Apple store. Please compress these two files into a Zip file and upload it in iBuildApp
It will come up with Device ID entry field and detail instructions on how to get it.
Q: How many apps can I manage using the iBuildApp online control panel?
As many as you want, iBuildApp supports multiple app management. This means you can create specialized apps for specific purposes then make real-time changes to any of them from one centralized location.
Q: Can I make changes to my app after it’s published?
Yes, the iBuildApp online control panel allows you to make real-time, instant changes to your application – even after it’s published and in use. However if you change the template it will go through the App Store approval first. End users will see changes the next time your app is launched on their device.
Q: Do I have to resubmit my application to Apple every time I do the update?
NO, you can change the content in your application real-time using the Content Management System from web-interface. Just log into your control panel and update the app. You can also change your color scheme and modify the layout, fonts, colors, headers, etc. Once you save your application the changes are life. However, changing the name of your application, loading image, and icon require new submission to App Store.
Q: Can you submit my app for me to the iTunes App Store under my developer account?
Yes, this is a separate service, please refer to our Service section.