Frequently Asked Questions for iPhone
Creating your app
- How can I create my application?
- How can I customize my app look and feel?
- How can I manage my content?
- How to add a page to my application?
- How to remove a page from my app?
- How can I convert a page to different type (function)?
- What functions are supported by iBuildApp ?
- Setting up in-App Purchase
- How can I create in-app purchases with iBuildApp.com?
- How can I add an Ad banner to my app?
- How can I push notifications to my iPhone app?
- Can I offer mobile coupons to my customers?
- What’s the application statuses?
- How to use Bar Code scanner?
- How to use Video?
- How to use Audio?
- How can I use the “Calculator” module?
Testing and Publishing
- I finished designing my application. What’s my next step?
- What is build?
- Register a new iOS developer account
- Do I have to pay $99 fee?
- How can I test the application on my device?
- How can I get my device ID?
- How can I publish my application on the app store?
- What is private Key?
- How can I generate Certificate Signing Request?
- How can I save Certificate ( .p12 file) on my computer?
- How can I create Distribution Provisioning Profile (.mobileprovision)?
- Do we need a MAC Apple computer for creating the iPhone app and their certificates?
- Where do I find my app’s URL?
- How long does it take to get my app approved?
Managing your apps
- How many apps can I manage using the iBuildApp online control panel?
- Can I make changes to my app after it’s published?
- Do I have to resubmit my application to Apple every time I do the update?
- Why does versioning matters?
- Can you submit my app for me to the iTunes App Store under my developer account?
- Do I need to pay $299 per app to submit to Apple store?
- What is iBuildApp App Store?
Q: How can I create my application?
Q: How can I customize my app look and feel?
Q: How can I manage my content?
Q: How to add a page to my application?
Q: How to remove a page from my app?
Q: How can I convert a page to different type (function)?
Q: What functions are supported by iBuildApp ?
Q: How can I create in-app purchases with iBuildApp.com?
- Hosted with Apple (non-consumable) – Your product (music, video, large files, etc) is hosted with Apple. Apple will store and deliver your product for iOS6.0 and higher (if you want your app to support iOS 5 and below, upload the content on a remote server and provide that URL).IMPORTANT: You should setup an in-app purchase with iTunesConnect before adding it on iBuildApp.
- Hosted on remote server (non-consumable) – Your product is stored on a remote server (it can be any downloadable content, including youtube video, pdf files, web page, etc). You provide the download URL and the content will be delivered within your app.IMPORTANT: You should setup an in-app purchase with iTunesConnect before adding it on iBuildApp.
- iTunes store product – Display products from iTunes store (apps, music, video, books) within your app.NO setup is required on iTunesConnect.Read more on how to sell on iTunes: For the first two product types (Hosted with Apple and Hosted on Remote Server) you will be asked to enter the Product ID. It should be the same Product ID you’ve entered for your in-App purchase in iTunesConnect. Copy the Product ID from iTunesConnect and paste it as shown in the image below: For the iTunes Store product type you need to enter product’s Apple ID. Apple ID for a product can be inferred from its iTunes Preview URL link. In any iTunes product link (for apps, music or books) find the part of the URL beginning with id and use the number that follows. For example, the direct link to a product is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/drunk-with-city/id290713563?i=290713676# For the app you published, you can find the Apple ID from iTunesConnect:
Q: What’s the application statuses?
- In-Design – the application is in the design phase, you can continue building it via your Application Management Panel.
- Submitted – the application has been submitted, that means that iBuildApp had created your app’s binary file and you can download it from ‘My Applications’ page (.ZIP – for submission on the app store, .IPA – for testing on your device or ad hoc distribution).
- Submitted (Paid) – means that we’ve received your request for publishing it on the AppStore.
- In-Review – the application is under review: our team reviews the app in terms of any inappropriate content, blank pages, etc.
- In-AppStore – the application has been successfully submitted on the Appstore
- Missing Content – some corrections to your application are required: we found some issues with the content. Details will be sent to you via email.
- Ready for Sale – your application is ready to go live on the Apple Store.
- Rejected – the submitted app was not approved by Apple.
Q: I finished designing my application. What’s my next step?
Q: How can I test the application on my device?
Once done, drag your Provisioning Profile into iTunes. Download the binary from ‘My Applications’ page, drag it into iTunes and synchronize with your device. That’s it – test it!
Q: How can I get my device ID?
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Select your your device in iTunes. Select the Summary tab.
- Click on the Serial Number black label. It doesn’t look like something you can click on, unfortunately, making this more of a “hidden feature”. Serial Number will turn into Identifier (UDID).
- Press Command+C (Ctrl+C) to copy the UDID to your clipboard:
Q: How can I publish my application on the app store?
Before you can get your certificate ( .p12 file) you have to generate a Certificate Signing Request. Then download your certificate and install it on your local machine (F.A.Q. How can I generate a Certificate Signing Request, download my certificate and install it on local machine?)A Distribution Provisioning Profile (.mobileprovision file) will contain a set of iOS Certificates, Unique Device Identifiers and an App ID (F.A.Q. How can I create Distribution Provisioning Profile (.mobileprovision)? ). Once you get your Certificate and Distribution Provisioning Profile, upload them into the System (on Application Publishing page) and click on ‘Continue‘ button – iBuildApp will automatically create your app’s binary file (.ZIP). Follow step-by-step instructions to upload your binary in app store: Step 1. Login to iTunes connect under your developer account and select ‘Manage Your Applications‘: Step 2. Click on Add New Application button: Step 3. Enter App Name and select your Application bundle: Step 4. Enter your application info: Step 5. Define rating of your application Step 6. Upload your logo icon (size 512×512 px) and screenshots: If you have downloaded iOS SDK 3.2 or later, you already have Application Loader stored here: /Developer/Applications/Utilities/Application Loader.app. Otherwise download and install the Xcode 4.2 & iOS SDK 5.0 from https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios which installs Application Loader automatically. Step 7. Open Application Loader: Step 8. Enter login and password for your apple developer account and click next: Step 9. Upload your app on iTunes Connect – select “Deliver Your App”: Step 10. Once done, you can upload your app on iTunes Connect. Open App ZIP archive: Step 11. Before uploading your binary code you must register for uploading your application on iTunes Connect. Select app from the list and click ‘Next‘: Approve the uploading and you’re done!
Q: How can I generate Certificate Signing Request?
Q: How can I save Certificate ( .p12 file) on my computer?
Before you can get your certificate ( .p12 file) you have to generate a Certificate Signing Request. Then download your certificate and install it on your local machine (F.A.Q. How can I generate a Certificate Signing Request, download my certificate and install it on local machine?)
Once you’ve installed your certificate on your computer, follow the instructions below to save it as a Personal Information Exchange (.p12) file:Step 1. Open keychain access: Step 2. Open “My certificates” on the left sidebar: Step 3. Locate the certificate and select ‘Export‘: Step 4. Save the certificate as “Personal Information Exchange (.p12)” file Step 5. Enter a password for exporting (you may leave it blank): Step 6. Upload the certificate on iBuildApp’s Application Publishing page:
Q: How can I create Distribution Provisioning Profile (.mobileprovision)?
- Step 1. : Select ‘App IDs‘ from the left sidebar and then click on the “New App ID” button.
- Step 2. : Enter all required information and press ‘Submit‘ .
- Step 3. : Select ‘Provisioning‘ from the left sidebar, then choose ‘Distribution‘ tab and click on the “New Profile” Button
- Step 4. : Select Distribution Method (‘App Store‘ – if you want to publish your app on the Apple store; ‘Ad Hoc‘ – if you want to distribute it among your friends); then enter Provision Profile name and select your App IDWhen selecting Ad-Hoc method you should specify which devices will be associated with the provisioning profile. If a device’s UDID is not included in the provisioning profile the profile and your application cannot be installed on that device.
- Step 5. : Click Submit and next download the Provision profile to your local computer.
Q: How many apps can I manage using the iBuildApp online control panel?
Q: Can I make changes to my app after it’s published?
Q: Do I have to resubmit my application to Apple every time I do the update?
Q: Can you submit my app for me to the iTunes App Store under my developer account?
Q: Do we need a MAC Apple computer for creating the iPhone app and their certificates?
Q: Do I need to pay $299 per app to submit to Apple store?
Q: How can I add an Ad banner (iAd, AdMob or custom HTML) to my app?
When enabling iAd rich media ads in your application (selecting iAd radio button), it will activate the functionality to download the advertisements from iAd Network and allow your application to earn revenue by displaying advertisements to users.
NOTE: In order to join the iAd Network you need to be an iOS Developer Program member.
The iAd Network provides an automated and intuitive environment for you to easily incorporate iAd rich media ads into your applications. You can also monitor performance and track revenue. iOS Developer Program members can join the iAd Network today.
To join the iAd Network, iOS Developer Program members will need to do the following:
- Agree to the Developer Advertising Services Agreement in iTunes Connect.
- Set up your banking and tax information if you don’t have a paid app on the App Store.
- Enable your app for iAd ads in the Manage Your Applications module within iTunes Connect.
- Set up your iAd preferences in the iAd Network module within iTunes Connect.
Reach targeted audiences across platforms and devices with Google Mobile Ads. Grow online sales, send more customers to your store, or build your brand across top websites and apps with innovative mobile ad formats. To get started, you need to register for Your AdMob Account as a Publisher:
- Register at www.admob.com in the top right corner or click here: www.admob.com/register.
- Fill out the registration form with the basic information about your account.
- Click Submit.
- Look for a confirmation email from us at the email address you provided.
- Click the link found within the confirmation email to confirm your account.
- The next window confirms that your account is activated – now you can start to create ads or serve ads in your app.
To create a campaign:
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click Create New Ad Campaign.
- Enter a campaign name for your campaign – this is not seen by users, but helps you to keep track of all of your campaigns.
- Enter a start (required) and end date (optional). This ensures that ads only run inside your specified date range.
- Enter your daily budget (minimum $50). You can control the maximum amount of ad spend per day by setting a campaign daily budget for your ads. Each day, all ads running in your account are served until the budget you set is depleted, after which your ads are paused until the following day, or until you increase your budget or replenish the funds in your account.
- Enter a campaign note (optional). Enter any relevant information regarding the campaign. This is not seen by users.
- Click Save and Continue to Create an Ad Group (An ad group is a collection of ads with a single advertising goal and the same targeting. For example, you can have one ad group goal to promote your iPhone app in the US, and another for ads promoting your mobile web site in the UK and South Africa. An ad group must always exist within a campaign.)
- Enter a name for your ad group. This is not seen by users, but helps you to keep track of all of your ad groups. You should give your ad group a name that helps you identify it when monitoring its performance.
- Select one of the following ad group goals: - Mobile Web: You want users to visit your mobile website when they click your ad. - Applications: You want users to download your app from the Apple App Store or Android Market when they click your ad. - Media: You want users to view video content on your site or audio content from the iTunes store when they click your ad. - Location & Utilities: You want users to call your business, find it using a map, or search for specified content when they click on your ad. Note: If you select the Apps, Media, or Location/Utilities ad group type you will need to select the appropriate app platform, media type, or form of location information.
- Select targeting. After you choose an ad group type, you will need to specify targeting criteria for your ad group. All ads in an ad group share the same unique targeting.
- Click Save and Continue to Create an Ad.
- Click the Sites and Apps tab:
- Click Add Site/App.
- Fill out your payment details.
- Select iPhone App Type
- Enter the app name. This is not seen by users, but helps you keep track of all your apps and sites.
- Enter an iPhone site URL or the App Store URL for your iPhone app. This is optional for iPhone apps.
- Select the app category.
- Enter a description for your iPhone app. To encourage advertisers to advertise across your app, provide as many details as possible about usage, user demographics and so on.
- Select a theme or create a custom one allows you to choose from preset color schemes or enter custom HEX color codes for the background and text.
- Specify whether your app uses location information.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the screen.
Custom ad banner
Custom HTML option allows you to input an image or text that shows up on the banner at the top.
When enabling custom ads in your application (selecting HTML radio button), it will activate the functionality to embed your unique advertisement that you can manage via App Settings page. Use our WYSIWYG editor to create your ad block. Please make sure your ad content fits the visible area of WYSIWYG editor (320×50 px).
Q: How can I push notifications to my iPhone app?
- Select ‘iOS (iPhone)‘ as a target platform and click on ‘Configure‘ button to configure the Apple Push Notification Service:The Apple Push Notification Service (APNs) allows your device to be constantly connected to Apple’s push notification server. When you want to send a push notification to an application installed on the users’ devices, you (the provider) contact the APNs (via iBuildApp service) so that it can deliver a push message to the particular application installed on the intended device.
- Generate New Certificate Signing Request (this option is only available after you have registered as iOS developer with iTunesConnect).1. Launch the Keychain Access application in your Mac OS X.2. Select Keychain Access ‘Certificate Assistant > ‘Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority‘ 3. Enter the information required and check the Saved to disk option. Click Continue 4. Save the certificate request using the suggested name, click Done on the next screen If you don’t have a MAC computer, click ‘Generate New Certificate Signing Request‘ button – iBuildApp will generate it for you:
- Upload Certificate Signing Request to Your developer account On the “App IDs” page, scroll down to the bottom and click “Configure” to the right of your App Id:
- Check the “Enable for Apple Push Notification service” checkbox and click ‘Configure‘ button to the right of Production Push SSL Certificate.
- Click ‘Continue‘ on the popup window:
- Upload the .certSigningRequest file that you’ve saved on your computer:
- Generate and download Push Notification certificate Once you’ve uploaded the CSR file, click the ‘Generate‘ button – the system will generate your APNs SSL Certificate. Download it on your local machine.
- Back to iBuildApp website an upload your Push Notification Certificate:
- Once done, enter your notification text end push it!
Q: Can I offer mobile coupons to my customers?
Q: How to use Bar Code scanner?
Q: How to use Video?
- mpeg4 .H264 (iPhone and iPad);
- mpeg4.H263 (Android devices);
How can I embed video files into my app?If you have your video hosted on external server (Vimeo, YouTube, or any other hosting server), add a link for that video file.
- Make sure that you files are in mpeg4.H264 (iphone), mpeg4.H263 (android) or 3gp format. Your files should have the “.mp4” or “.3gp” extension. If you do not know how to check your files extension, then you should refer to your OS documentation.
- If your file isn’t an mpeg4.H264 (iphone), mpeg4.H263 (android) or 3gp then you need to convert it to mpeg4.H264 (iphone), mpeg4.H263 (android) or 3gp . There are plenty of special software and online services for converting video files from one format to another. https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/ is an example of the software. https://www.online-convert.com/ is an example of the online service.
- Host your file on your site, if you’ve got one, or you can use any file hosting service. There is no matter where you store your video files on your site or with the help of a hosting service, while it’s available directly. You can’t store your files on a server with a restricted access (for example the server demands login and pass to access the files). In this case you should open access to your files (or refer to the support of the service, if you do not know how to do that) or, if that’s impossible, change the hosting server. If you use a hosting service then you should chose the one that provides the direct access to your files. These are the examples of file hosting services: https://www.upload-mp3.com/ https://www.webfilehost.com/
- Copy the direct link on your file. To embed your files into your app you’ve got to provide a direct link on your video files on your hosting server or on your site. The term “direct link” means that the link you provide should point on you file directly. Your link should look like the following: https://www. your_site_name/you_folder/file_name.mp3
- Embed the copied link to your app:
- Create a “Video stream” type page in your app.
- Click the “Add” button to create a new item:
- In the popup window fill the “URL” field with the link you’ve copied on youtube.com and click the “Save” button
I’ve got my video on Youtube.com, how can I embed it on my app?
- Go to Youtube.come and open the video you would like to embed to your app. Hove the mouse over the video and make the right click on the video frame to see the context menu. Chose from the context menu the “Copy video URL” item:
- Create a “Video stream” type page in your app.
- Click the “Add” button to create a new item:
- In the popup window fill the “URL” field with the link you’ve copied on youtube.com and click the “Save” button:
- Go to Vimeo.com and log in. Choose the video you would like to embed o your app. Click the ‘Share’ button that appears when you hover your mouse over the video player.
- A screen will pop up and you can copy the embed code that appears in the top right-hand corner, then just paste paste it into “Vimeo Embed Code” entry field.
- Create a “Vimeo video” type page in your app.
- Embed the copied code to the field:
NOTE: you can add only one video from vimeo.com.
- Your media is still available on the Internet and you can access it vie player or browser
- Your media file isn’t too big. It takes time to buffer your media files.
I’ve got my videos under my socialnet account, can I use that?Unfortunately you can not use a video created for socialnet.
I’ve got an internet page with my videos, I past the address of the page and it says “Invalid URL”, why can’t I use my page?To embed video to your app you’ve got to provide a direct link to an “.mp4” or “.3gp” file, youtube link or vimeo code. If you copy the link from the address bar of your browser then you won’t get a direct link to a media file, playlist or streaming server. You’ll get the link on your webpage. If you do not know how to obtain a proper link you should refer to the support team of the service you use.
I’m sure that I use a proper link to embed the video, but it still doesn’t work.If you are sure, that you use a proper link then check the following:
I’ve got a player (Flash player) on my page can I use that in my app?No, you can not use a flash player in your app.
NOTE: you can add as many URL as you need.
I’ve got my video on vimeo.com, how can I embed this video to my app?
Q: What audio formats I can use to embed audio to my app?
- Using files
- Mp3 file (file_name.mp3)
- Using streaming servers
- Shoutcast (streaming in MP3 and ACC);
- Icecast (streaming in MP3 and ACC);
- Using playlists:
- PLS (file_name.pls)
- M3U (file_name.m3u)
- XSPF (file_name.xspf)
Q: I would like to embed audio files into my app, what should I do?
- Make sure that you files are in MP3 format (your files should have the “.mp3″ extension. If you’re not sure how to check a file extension, please refer to your OS documentation).
- If your file isn’t an MP3 then you need to convert it to .mp3.There are plenty of special software and online services for converting audio files from one format to another.
- https://www.koyotesoft.com/audio-software/free-mp3-wma-converter.html is an example of the software.
- https://www.video2mp3.net/ is an example of the online service.
- Upload your file either on your own online server, or use any file hosting service.There is no matter where you store your audio files (on your site or on a hosting server, while it’s available directly, as audio file). Do not put your files on a server with restricted access (for example the server asking login and pass to access files); if you go for it, make sure to open access to your files (or refer to the support of the service, if you do not know how to do that) or, if that’s impossible, change the hosting server.If you use a hosting service then you should chose the one that provides the direct access to your files. These are the examples of file hosting services:
- Copy the direct link to your file.To embed audio file into your app you should provide direct link to that file on your hosting server. “Direct link” means that the link you provide should point on that file directly. Your link should look as the following:https://www. your_site_name/you_folder/file_name.mp3
- Embed the copied link to your app.
Q: What’s the streaming server and how can I use it?
- Shoutcast (streaming in MP3 and ACC)
- Icecast (streaming in MP3 and ACC)
Q: What’s the “play list” is? Where can I get it and how should I use it?
- PLS (file_name.pls)
- M3U (file_name.m3u)
- XSPF (file_name.xspf)
- https://www. your_site_name/your_folder/playlist_name.pls
- https://www. your_site_name/your_folder/playlist_name.m3u
- https://www. your_site_name/your_folder/ playlist_name.xspf
Q: How to integrate SoundCloud Audio stream into my app?
If you want using audio tracks from your SoundCloud storage, select “Audio” widget as a page type.
- Click the “Syncronize with SoundCloud” button
Note: you need to have an account on SoundCloud.com
- Depending on wherther or not you’re logged in, the SoundCloud login or Synchronization page will pop up. Fill out required info and click “Connect”:
- Once synchronized, all audio sets and tracks from SoundCloud account became available on ibuildapp.com
Note: If you make any changes on SoundCloud.com you have to synchronize it with iBuildapp again.
- You can make certain tracks and sets hidden using appropriate controls. Hidden tracks will not be shown in your app.
Note: administering your track list from ibuildapp.com will not affect your SoundCloud’s list.
- Make sure that your tracks are available for synchronization with iBuildApp by checking the following options on SoundCloud.com:
Otherwise you may see a track disabled, as shown below:
Q: I’d like to listen online radio via my app – what should I do?
Q: I have a music under my Socialnet account, can I use it?
Q: I have an Internet page with my music. When I enter that page URL into corresponding iBuildApp’s entry field, it gives me “Invalid URL” message – why is that?
- https://www. your_site_name/you_folder/file_name.mp3
- https://www. your_site_name/you_folder/playlist_name.pls
- https://www. your_site_name/you_folder/playlist_name.m3u
- https://www. your_site_name/you_folder/ playlist_name.xspf
Q: I’m sure that I use a proper link to embed the music, but it still doesn’t work.
- Your streaming server works with MP3 or ACC format;
- Your media is still available on the Internet and you can access it via player or web browser
- Your Internet connection is good enough.
Q: I have a player (Flash player) on my page – can I use it in my app?
Q: Setting up in-App Purchase
- Consumables (the user is charged every time when purchasing the product),
- Non-consumables (the product is purchased only once. Apple automatically takes care of “remembering” those purchases and allows the user to purchase them again for free, just like downloading apps you already purchased)
- Subscriptions (purchasing updating and dynamic content).
- log into the iOS Developer Center, select the “App IDs” tab, and click “New App ID”
- Fill out the page by entering a description and bundle identifier:
- Log onto iTunes Connect, click “Manage Your Applications”, and click “Add New App” (or select an app if it’s already exists – if you’ve selected existing app, go ahead and start Managing In-App Purchases). Choose iOS App. Then enter an App Name, SKU number, and choose the Bundle ID you just made as shown below
- The next two pages will ask you for your app’s information. Just put in placeholder information for now – you can change it later:
Managing In-App purchases with iTunesConnectBefore you add a product with iBuildApp, you should setup in-App purchase with iTunesConnect
- Click on the “Manage In App Purchases” button, as shown below:
- Click “Create New” in the upper left:
- Select “Non-Consumable” type of in-App purchase (no other types are supported with iBuildApp!)
- Then you’ll be taken to a page to enter some info about your in-app purchase:
- Reference name: This is what shows up in iTunes Connect for this in-app purchase. It can be whatever you want since you won’t see it on your storefront
- Product ID: unique identifier that identifies your in-app purchase. Apple recommends using the reverse DNS notation, something like, com.mycompany.myiproduct.ifeature.
- Cleared for Sale: select “Yes” – this in-app purchase is available for users as soon as the app becomes available
- Price Tier: select how much this in-app purchase should cost
- Scroll down to the Language block and click “Add Language”:
- Fill out the pop up form:
- Select “Yes” if you want to host your product with Apple: When selecting “Yes”, you need to create your .pkg files via XCode. Please refer to https://docs.xamarin.com/guides/ios/platform_features/introduction_to_ios_6/changes_to_storekit, “Creating .PKG files” section, to get more info on how to create a .PKG file. NOTE: Apple will deliver your product only for iOS 6 and later. In order to support earlier iOS versions, you should upload the product on another server and provide that URL on iBuildApp. When selecting “No”, you’re responsible for hosting your content (i.e. it can be YouTube server for video, your own server, or iTunes).
- Add description (optional) and screenshots (required). Then click ‘Done’ – and you’re finished with this in-app purchase!
Q: What is iBuildApp App Store?
iBuildApp app store is created to promote apps on ibuildapp’s website. You may distribute web and Android versions of your app, also provide download link on iTunes Store .
To publish your app on iBuildApp’s app store you just need to check the check box on the App Dashboard.
Q: Where do I find my app’s URL?
The easiest way to find your App Store URL is by opening iTunes and copying the information directly from the App Store. Follow the steps below to find your link:
- Open iTunes.
- Search for your app.
- Click your app’s name and copy the URL (right-click for PC users).
App store URL’s will be in the following format:
Q: How long does it take to get my app approved?
The review process can take us 1-2 business days, after that we’ll send your app to the Apple store for approval. If your app needs any changes before being approved you will receive an email with further details.
Once the app is submitted to the app store, the Apple team will review it and make a decision. Usually the process takes 1- 3 weeks.
To make sure your app has good chances for approval we recommend to get familiar with Apple Review Guidelines:
Note: these Guidelines are available for registered developers only.
Q: Register a new iOS developer account?
The first step towards testing your applications on a real device is to sign up for the iPhone Developer Program at https://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/. There are two programs available – Standard and Enterprise. For most developers wanting to release applications on the App Store, they can simply sign up for the Standard program, which costs US$99. Check out https://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/apply.html to know more about the differences between the Standard and Enterprise programs.
Q: What is private Key?
The code signing process uses the public and private key associated with your development certificate as your digital identity. The development certificate in Developer Certificate Utility contains the public key, and the development certificate in your login keychain contains the private key. The development certificate in your login keychain begins with the text “Mac Developer:” followed by your name.
Private and public keys are requested to be generated while creating your Certificate Signing Request (CSR). Your public and private key pair establishes your iOS Developer identity. Your private key is stored in the login Keychain by default and can be viewed in the Keychain Access application under the ‘Keys’ category.
Q: Do I have to pay $99 fee?
In order to test and publish your apps on Apple App Store you have to become an iOS developer and pay $99 fee.
Q: What is build?
App build is binary file that our system automatically generates on the Publishing step. App build is platorm-specific: the system will generate different builds for iOS and Android platform.
Q: Why does versioning matters??
Each time you adding a new widget to your app you have to update app build and push it to app store. The version of the new build should be higher than the previous one, otherwise app store can reject uploading updates. Examples of build versions:
Q: How can I use the “Calculator” module?
Q: How can I use the “Calculator” module?
The widget allows you to create a custom calculator with pre-defined variables, constants and calculation logic (formula).
It will calculate using given formula and user-entered parameters.
Examples: tips calculator, morgage calculator.
Q: Which mathematical operations can I use?
- + - Add
- - - Subtract
- () - Math Brackets
- * - Multiply
- / - Divide
- ^ - Power of
- abs - Absolute value
- exp - To get e raised to a power
- log, log10 - logarithm of a number
- sign - numbers sign (returns -1, if the number is negative; 1, if the number is positive)
- sqrt - square root of a number
- sin - sine of an angle
- cos - cosine of an angle
- tan - tangent of an angle
- atan - arctangent of a number
Q: Can I use expressions?
Here are examples of expressions you may use in your formula:
- a * b + b/2
- a * 0.01 + b)/c
Q: How can I embed this module into my app?
- Choose “Calculator” widget from “Change page type” popup:
- Type the calculator name and description:
- On the “Variables” tab create variables for your formula – use “Add Variable” button:
On the “Add variable” popup, enter Variable name, Min and Max values and other parameters (if needed) and then press “Save” button.
Note: Please, use only latin symbols in variable names.
To edit or delete variables use appropriate icons on the right in the variable list.
- On the “Constants” tab create constants for your formula (if needed):
On the “Add constant” popup, enter constant name and value, and click Save.
Note: Please, use only latin symbols in constant names.
- Specify the calculation formula: use spaces to separate variables, constants and operators.
You can customize the text that will follow by the calculation result in your app, in the “Result Label” entry field: