Frequently Asked Questions for Web Apps
- What is iBuildApp?
- Who can use iBuildApp?
- How much does it cost to create an app?
- Are there any other fees?
- Why do I need a web app? What is the benefit to use iBuildApp service?
- Do I need programming skills to build my own web app with iBuildApp?
- Do I need to download and install any software?
- How long does it take to set up and launch?
Creating your app
- How can I create my application?
- How can I customize my app look and feel?
- How can I manage my content?
- How to add a page to my application?
- How to remove a page from my app?
- How can I convert a page to different type (function)?
- What functions are supported by iBuildApp ?
- What’s the application statuses?
Managing your apps
- How many apps can I manage using the iBuildApp online control panel?
- Can I make changes to my app after it’s published?
Q: What is iBuildApp?
iBuildApp is an online service that provides a simple and inexpensive way to build, test, track and update a mobile web application (HTML5) that supports text, rss feeds, images, audio, and video, and much, much more.Create a free app for your company, department, college or friends within minutes!
We designed iBuildApp so you can benefit from using easy-to-understand and convenient tools when building or updating your apps. Your customers will benefit from simplicity and quick load time.
Creating your own app with iBuildApp takes only a few minutes and is absolutely FREE. Once created, the app can be accessed via web browser on your mobile device.
iBuildApp provides barcode images - QR codes containing URL link – for easy automatic distribution web apps.
Q: Who can use iBuildApp?
Anyone. Our customers are musicians, writers, bloggers, business owners, website owners, politicians…
iBuildApp is a great opportunity for any business or individual to get their mobile presence and connect with clients and followers, wherever they are, via web app for mobile devices.
Q: How much does it cost to create an app?
With iBuildApp, you can create as many apps as you want – absolutely FREE!
Q: Are there any other fees?
Contact us directly if you need some extra features for your app – we’ll provide a cost and time estimate to develop a custom application.
Q: Why do I need a mobile application? What is the benefit to use iBuildApp service?
You need a mobile application, if you are:
- Businesses interested in engaging customers to promote business, improving mobile marketing, m-Commerce
- Mobile Developers who want to create social, publishing, music, LBS, e-commerce components for their apps, lower barriers to creating mobile apps.
- Media and Advertising Agencies interested in keeping customers updated using advertising, social networking, real time analytics, and promotions.
- Publishers needed digital channels to publish their magazines, newspapers and get customer interaction.
- Free. Mobile application development is expensive – very expensive. iBuildApp service is free.
- Real-Time Update. You can easily make changes and improvements to your web app in real-time. This is not the case with most apps in the App Store.
- Marketing. Promote your event, videos, tweets, news, photos, music, your company services.
- Fun. Building your own iPhone application is fun.
iBuildApp service allows anyone to build their own mobile application without programming skills or special software. If you have a mobile application for your friends, customers or public you can build your personal app to promote any product, service, or personal brand. Build a mobile app with iBuildApp and promote your idea or service instantly!
Q: Do I need programming skills to build my own application with iBuildApp?
The best iBuildApp app’s are created by folks that have a basic understanding of technology and the internet. But, no special knowledge is required and you don’t have to be a programmer to build an app using our web-based system. To use iBuildApp, you do not need to be a developer. You can visually design the way the app looks and use blocks to specify the application content and behavior.
Q: Do I need to download and install any software?
No, you don’t. The only things you need are your browser and imagination..
Q: How long does it take to set up and launch?
You can create your app in under an hour. Then, once you’re satisfied with your app, you can distribute it among your customers.
iBuildApp provides barcode images - QR codes containing URL link – for easy automatic distribution your web app.
Q: How can I create my application?
The first step towards creating your application is to choose a template that best fits your needs:
Then, you will be required to enter the Application Info. This information will appear with your application on the Apple store (iTunes Application Name is required field).
Once done, you’ll be redirected to the Application Management Panel, where you can customize your Home page (F.A.Q. How can I customize my app look and feel?) and manage your content (F.A.Q. How can I manage my content?):
Edit background image, upload your logo, and manage navigation buttons and tabs:
Use iPhone simulator to navigate through your app. When clicking on a navigation control (button or tab), it will display an appropriate page. The right section will get updated accordingly, so you can edit the page associated with selected navigation element:
Once you’ve complete with content and interface for your application, you have to make sure that your application is ready for release. Go to Application Info page, fill in required information and click Submit to AppStore.
When you click on the Submit button, you’ll be redirected to Publishing page with publishing options and instructions. Follow these instructions; once your app is submitted, you can download your application build and publish it on the App Store.
Q: How can I customize my app look and feel?
Once on the Application Management Panel, you will see your app’s Home page with navigation controls (buttons and tabs), logo image, and/or introduction text. Variety of elements presented on the Home page depends on selected template:
Step 1. Start designing the Home page – edit your background image. You can choose a solid color, a pre-designed background image, or upload your own background image:
Step 2. Upload your logo
Note: The image dimension must be 320 x 60 in pixels; otherwise it will be scaled and cropped to fit the size. File must be under 1MB.
Step 3. Manage navigation buttons and tabs - as they appear on your Home page. Each control has a default title and image. You can change the title and upload custom image by clicking the pencil icon next to the control:
Manage navigation tabs – change the title and select custom image by clicking the pencil icon next to the tab:
All changes will be immediately available on the iPhone simulator.
You can also remove a button or bottom tab by clicking the red ‘X’ icon next to it:
Restore a deleted button/tab by clicking on green cross icon .
Q: How can I manage my content?
Use iPhone simulator to navigate through your app. When clicking on a navigation control (button or bottom tab) from your Home page, it will redirects to a page associated with the navigation control. The right section will get updated accordingly, so you can edit the appropriate page:
You can make changes to the app’s pages at anytime – live.
Q: How to add a page to my application?
Each template has a limited number of pages. For example, the Business template is limited by 8 pages. So, if you want to add a new page, in fact, you need to redefine one of existing pages.
Step 1. Select a navigation control on the Home page. This navigation control will be associated with your new page.
Upon clicking on the button/tab, it will update both iPhone preview screen and editing section on the right:
Step 2. Select a type (function) for your page:
Step 3. Enter your content:
Q: How to remove a page from my app?
To remove a page from your app, you need to remove all buttons/tabs associated with this page, or change the page functionality – all content entered before will disappear.
Q: How can I convert a page to different type (function)?
To change a feature: Log into your application management panel and navigate to desired page using iPhone simulator. Select a type (function) for your page from the ‘Function’ drop down:
When changing a page type, the system will notify you: ‘if you change the functionality for this page, all the content you’ve entered before will disappear.‘ Click ‘Continue‘ to change the function, or ‘Cancel‘ to keep the current content.
Q: What functions are supported by iBuildApp ?
We designed iBuildApp features so you could benefit from using easy-to-understand and convenient tools when building or updating your applications. Your application users will benefit from simplicity and quick load time.
Creating your own app with iBuildApp takes only a few minutes and absolutely FREE. Your followers will see your name and icon in the App Store, they can upload your app on their mobile device, while backstage you have a powerful content management system to update the app “on the fly“, any time, as often as you would like.
Please learn more about iBuildApp features here: https://ibuildapp.com/features/
Q: What’s the application statuses?
- In-Design – the application is in the design phase, you can continue building it via your Application Management Panel.
- Submitted – the application has been submitted, that means that iBuildApp had created your app’s binary file and you can download it from ‘My Applications’ page (.ZIP – for submission on the app store, .IPA – for testing on your device or ad hoc distribution).
- Submitted (Paid) – means that we’ve received your request for publishing it on the AppStore.
- In-Review – the application is under review: our team reviews the app in terms of any inappropriate content, blank pages, etc.
- In-AppStore – the application has been successfully submitted on the Appstore
- Missing Content – some corrections to your application are required: we found some issues with the content. Details will be sent to you via email.
- Ready for Sale – your application is ready to go live on the Apple Store.
- Rejected – the submitted app was not approved by Apple.
Q: How many apps can I manage using the iBuildApp online control panel?
As many as you want, iBuildApp supports multiple app management. This means you can create specialized apps for specific purposes then make real-time changes to any of them from one centralized location.
Q: Can I make changes to my app after it’s published?
Yes, the iBuildApp online control panel allows you to make real-time, instant changes to your application – even after it’s published and in use. However if you change the template it will go through the App Store approval first. End users will see changes the next time your app is launched on their device.