How do I create a custom domain for my mobile site
To use your custom domain name with your mobile site, you have to upgrade to Basic, Business or Enterprise plan. Once you’ve upgraded to a premium plan, the custom domain feature will be enabled on both Publish and Dashboard pages.
Follow these steps to point your domain name to your mobile site:
- From your Publish or Dashboard page, click on the "Custom Domain Name" button:
- Enter your custom domain name and click "Save".
- Configure your DNS: copy the parameter provided on the popup window, then visit your hosting provider and create a CNAME record for your domain.
A Canonical Name or CNAME record is a type of DNS record that maps an alias name to a true or canonical domain name. CNAME records are typically used to map a subdomain such as www to the domain hosting that subdomain’s content. For example, a CNAME record can map the web address www.example.com to the actual web site for the domain example.com.
Here is the example of a valid CNAME record:
mobile_site.com | IN CNAME | parameter, where "mobile_site.com" is your mobile site name.
NOTE: If you are unsure how to manage your DNS settings, please contact your domain provider for help.
When you’re finished, click ‘Done’ to proceed
- Wait while the system checks your domain name configuration. This may take up to 10 seconds.
- Once validated, your domain name will get connected to your mobile website.